- Almost all of the ingredients in Breakaway Bakery’s products are certified Organic ingredients — organic ingredients cannot be exposed to chemicals or pesticides – gentle on the body and the earth. The chocolate chips we use are not organic. Currently, Organic, Kosher Pareve, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free, Treenut Free chocolate chips do not exist, when they do, we will get them.
- We only use organic brown rice flour (except in our vegan breads, babka and cinnamon sticky buns which also contain gluten free whole grain oat flour) a regular serving size of any of our muffins or scone products contains 22 grams or more of whole grain brown rice flour which would qualify them for the 100% Whole Grain stamp (16 grams) of the Whole Grain council. Even our cupcakes have 11+ grams of whole grain brown rice flour, which would qualify them for the “Made with Whole Grain” sticker (8 grams), you could always eat two! Sixteen grams is considered a serving of whole grain. Consuming an average of 2.5 servings of whole grain a day is associated with a 21% lower risk of cardiovascular disease (heart disease and stroke) compared to eating only .2 servings (Science Daily, May 10, 2007). Most gluten free products don’t use whole grains and when they do, a good proportion of their recipe is made up of various starches (potato, tapioca flour or starch, corn starch etc) which act only as empty carbohydrate calories (good for energy but nothing else). Compared to most gluten free products our products use 400% less starch!
- Brown Rice Flour – you will not find flour blends that can leave an aftertaste or cause gastrointestional distress.
- Kosher Pareve – We are certified Kosher Pareve by Kehilla Kosher.
- Dedicated Kitchen — All our ingredients are Gluten/Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Casein Free and Peanut Free (tested to 5ppm). We are certified Gluten Free by the Gluten Free Certification Organization. We do not bake with treenuts (other than coconut oil which is supposedly non-allergenic because it contains no protenaceous materials), or soy. We cannot claim to be soy or tree nut free because the flour we use is processed in a plant that also processes soy, almonds and hazelnuts (although they do clean the equipment and purge the first run, the allergens are still present in the room).
- More about Peanuts — None of our ingredients, to the best of our knowledge, are processed in facilities that also process peanuts (we have received written confirmation from all of our ingredient suppliers to that effect) and we do not bring peanuts into our facility. We do sample test our products to 5 ppm, however, because of the extreme sensitivity and severity of this allergy, we leave it to you to make the decision about whether or not you feel safe eating our products.
- We don’t bring any treenuts (except organic refined coconut oil) or soy into the bakery, however, the flours we use are made in a facility that also produce treenuts and soy. The equipment is cleaned and the first 15 pounds are donated, however, the treenuts and soy are present in the room. Unfortunately we have not found flours that are totally treenut and soy free that also give us the same product characteristics we are looking for and are also gluten free. We will continue to look for these flours so that everyone who wants can safely enjoy are products.
- No Gums – most gluten free bakers use gums to approximate the gluten that is lacking in their products. But, gums are not necessary in our baked goods. If you have detected an artificial texture to gluten free products, gums have probably contributed to this texture. Several people have indicated to us that they still experience gastrointestinal distress after eating gluten free products. Xanthum and/or guar gums may contribute to this discomfort.
- Our vegan items are free of honey and eggs (everything we make is free of dairy/casein; and we use only vegan sugars). But all our products are made on shared equipment with eggs.
- No Transfats – We use organic coconut oil and organic vegetable shortening made from palm fruit oil, both of which are heart healthy tropical oils. Coconut oil consists of medium-chain fatty acids that are able to be processed immediately for energy. Populations that consume coconut oil have low rates of heart disease. Coconut oil may also be one of the most useful oils to prevent heart disease because of its antiviral and antimicrobial characteristics. (JAMA 1967 202: 1119-1123; Am J Clin Nutr 1981 34: 1552). Organic palm oil shortening has a nutritionally balanced profile of about 50% saturated fat and 50% unsaturated fat. Palm oil shortening promotes health by providing important lipid antioxidants and fatty acids. A high percentage of the saturated fats in palm oil are supple, long-chain fats, which are sources of energy. While both coconut oil and palm oil are classified as saturated fats, a meta-analysis of 21 studies from around the world reports that dietary intake of saturated fats are not linked to cardiovascular disease. The analysis, published on-line in mid-February (2010) by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found “insufficient evidence from prospective epidemiological studies to conclude that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease, stroke or cardiovascular disease,” according to researchers, led by Ronald Krauss, MD, Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute of California.
- Lower in Fat — Our baked goods are generally lower in total grams of fat (sometimes significantly so) than other like baked goods (remember to look at the serving size when evaluating a baked good’s nutritional facts!).
- Organic Fruit – almost all of our products are made with organic pumpkin and/or banana. And of course, our “fruit-named products“are packed with organic bananas, pumpkin, raisins, and cranberries.
- Healthy — Breakaway Bakery truly cares about what is in its products and won’t settle for anything less than products that are honestly healthy and delicious. We don’t make vacuous claims such as “natural” found on so many labels today. We make our products in small batches, use the highest quality organic ingredients available, and formulate our ingredients to minimize starch, gums, and fats. Our products represent the culmination of six years of recipe experimentation.
- Frozen Batters are immediately frozen after preparing, guaranteeing the freshest taste without preservatives. Buying a frozen product means convenience for you. No mess, no clean up, and a home filled with the wonderful smell of fresh, home-baked goodness.
** Limited Selection **
- ** Mon 10am - 5pm **
- ** Tues 10am - 5pm **
- Wed 10am - 5pm
- Thur 10am - 5pm
- Fri 10am - 3pm
- Sun 10am - 3pm
Not all Items are baked everyday. Please call ahead to see if we can accommodate a large order.
5264 W. Pico Blvd. LA, CA 90019
Phone: (310) 968-9380
None of our ingredients, to the best of our knowledge, are processed in facilities that also process peanuts ...Read More...
*Flour is processed in facililty that processes almonds, hazelnuts, soy and corn. Equipment is cleaned and first 15 lbs of next run is donated before packaging. Some products contain coconut oil
Signs and symptoms can take place in an instant or even may be activated simply by respiratory system attacks, workout, chilly air, cigarette smoke or another pollution, strain or nervousness, or by simply foodstuff allergies as well as medicine buy Paxil
allergies. Various other medications such as ipratropium and also buy Fluoxetine
, each bronchodilator medications, may well combine to offer far better security against episodes. Buy Albendazole
will be the name for exemestane, any onceaday capsule accustomed to deal with preventing busts. Buy Yasmin
will be the brand to the drug soreness crusher butorphanol tartrate. Thyrois issues sufferers possess a symptom in which a gland called the buy Stromectol
fails to create the appropriate amount of the amoxil hormone. Pele oleosa, tinha espinhas, algumas marcas elizabeth tals. Symptoms can happen spontaneously or even could be brought on by simply respiratory microbe infections, physical exercise, frosty air flow, cigarette or other pollution, tension or perhaps stress and anxiety, as well as by simply foods allergic reactions or medication amoxil allergy symptoms.